August Birthstone Jewelry
Popular Related Searches:
Other Related Birthstone Jewelry:
January Birthstone Jewelry | February Birthstone Jewelry | March Birthstone Jewelry | April Birthstone Jewelry | May Birthstone Jewelry | June Birthstone Jewelry | July Birthstone Jewelry | September Birthstone Jewelry | October Birthstone Jewelry | November Birthstone Jewelry | December Birthstone Jewelry
About August Birthstone Jewelry
Pretty Peridots grace the month of August and how! Its olive green hues are something none of us can resist. Probably what’s made it such a unique pick in the world of jewelry nowadays. The name Peridot itself is derived from the Arabic word ‘faridat,’ which means the ‘green gemstone.’
Fun fact: Back in Ancient Egypt, Peridots were mined from the troubled island of Topazios that was penetrated with snakes. But there was no stopping the Egyptians from mining these treasured green beauties who took the danger with utmost bravery.
What do Peridots symbolize?
Peridots , the beloved August Birthstone, have long been known to symbolize prosperity and good fortune. Fondly hailed as the stone of compassion, Peridots are known to impart the wearer with peace and strengthen relationships by balancing emotions and mind.
Peridots and the 4 Cs
- Cut: The shape of Peridot ranges from the classic round, oval, pear and marquise to more precise baguette, cushion, heart and princess cut.
- Color: The color of Peridot Jewelry is yellow green or fondly termed as olive green.
- Clarity: The most sought after Peridots possess no eye visible inclusions. thus appearing cloudy at the first glance.
- Carat: The carat weight of Peridots typically ranges from a minimum of 0.25 to 4 CT.
Pretty Peridot Jewelry
- Rings: Peridot rings are known for their unique hues and range from the classic solitaire, anniversary ring, three stone rings, engagement, wedding to floral, vintage, split shank and halo rings. These August Birthstone Rings are one-of-a-kind indeed.
- Earrings: Our collection of Peridot Earrings ranges from the classic studs, solitaire, teardrop, floral to more elaborate vintage, cluster, chanderlier and J hoop earrings.
- Pendant: The Peridot Pendant collection is inclusive of Solitaire, Cluster, Three Stone, Disc, Halo along with Floral, Vintage, Bar and animal inspired.
- Bracelets: The grace of Peridot Bracelets is something else with the collection ranging from the most classic tennis, bolo, bangle to expressive styles including seven stone, geometric and nature inspired, etc.
Does Peridot break easily?
Peridot is known to possess a hardness of 6.5-7 on Moh’s scale, thus making for a durable gemstone that can stand the wear and tear of regular use.
What is unique about Peridot?
Apart from its eye captivating yellow-green hues, what sets Peridot apart from the other gems is that it is only found in shades of green color in its natural form.
What are the benefits of wearing Peridot jewelry?
Having ties with the planet Mercury, Peridot is known to protect against all kinds of negativities. This August Birthstone is renowned to spread joy, friendliness and bring a balance to your emotions and mind, thus making for an extremely lucky stone that helps with relationships. Since ancient times, it has been rewarded as the ‘gem of the sun,’ and hence has been believed to protect against dangers of night. Apart from that, it has also helps with issues related to physical health.
Which metal looks best paired with Peridot?
Peridot looks best when paired with Gold, thanks to its luxe and timeless fashion appeal. You can pair Peridot in tones of white, yellow and rose gold.
How do you clean Peridot?
Peridot Jewelry can be gently cleaned with a lukewarm solution of soapy water along with a soft, microfiber cloth to pat it dry. Make sure to remove it while showering in order to avoid long term exposure with harmful chemicals. Apart from that, a little professional care every once in a while goes a long way in maintaining the new-like luster of your peridot jewelry.