May Birthstone Jewelry
Popular Related Searches:
Other Related Birthstone Jewelry:
January Birthstone Jewelry | February Birthstone Jewelry | March Birthstone Jewelry | April Birthstone Jewelry | June Birthstone Jewelry | July Birthstone Jewelry | August Birthstone Jewelry | September Birthstone Jewelry | October Birthstone Jewelry | November Birthstone Jewelry | December Birthstone Jewelry
About Elegant Emeralds
The green and gorgeous May Birthstone: Emerald! A mere glance is enough to lift our spirits we say and that’s what makes emerald such a prized possession in everyone’s jewelry box. Elegant at once, vibrant the very next moment: Emerald Jewelry for you! Reminiscent of the nature, Emerald has become a royal pick to fashion jewelry with.
Fun Fact: Emeralds were regarded as a prized possession in Cleopatra’s collection and were since then, considered as a symbol of royalty. Such was her obsession with emeralds that she not only adorned herself with them but also decorated her palace in emerald and presented them as a gift to foreign diginitaries.
What do Emeralds symbolize?
Carrying a youthful beauty and unmatched elegance, Emeralds have long been known to symbolize eloquence, foresight and of course, royalty (that a glance is enough to tell). And such royalty that it has been regarded as ‘the jewel of kings.’ The rich and vibrant green hues of Emerald are known to represent new beginnings, thus filling you up with utmost optimism.
Emerald and the 4 Cs
- Cut: The shape of Emerald ranges from a classic round, oval, pear and princess cut to heart, marquise, baguette and cushion cut.
- Color: The color of Emerald ranges from blue green to a rich, dark green.
- Clarity: The clarity of most sought after Emeralds is quite transparent, though most of them are known to possess some eye visible inclusions.
- Carat: The carat weight of Emerald typically ranges from 0.25 to 4 CT.
Vibrant, Vivid and Versatile: Emerald Jewelry
- Rings: The Emerald rings in our collection ranges from the timeless Solitaire rings, engagement rings, halo rings, promise rings to more elaborate styles including cluster rings, statement rings, celtic rings, eternity rings and wedding bands.
- Earrings: Our collection of the eternally elegant Emerald earrings ranges from Simple stud Earrings, floral studs, two stone earrings to fancy designs including cluster earrings, hoop drop earrings, vintage emerald earrings and the gorgeous bar dangle earrings.
- Pendant: An emerald pendant elevates your look like nothing else. Our collection includes the classic solitaire, bar jewelry set, minimal cluster pendant to fancier styles including Dangle necklace, floral jewelry set, vintage pendants and the Christmas essential: Emerald Cross necklace.
- Bracelets: Our collection of Emerald Bracelets includes minimal solitaire chain bracelets, classic tennis bracelets, tennis bolo bracelet and more elaborate designs including star charm bracelet, floral bracelet, charm bracelet and the must-have Emerald cross symbol.
What is Emerald made up of?
Emeralds belongs to the family of Beryl minerals, thanks to the presence of chromium, vanadium and iron.
What is special about Emeralds?
Emeralds are known for their rich grass green color. Apart from that, it is one of the four precious gemstones out there in the world.
Can you wear Emerald everyday?
Emeralds are known for their durability since they possess a hardness rating of 7.5-8 on Moh’s scale. Hence, they can withstand the wear and tear of regular use but since they generally possess more inclusions, they’re more prone to chipping. Thus, it is advisable to handle them with utmost care.
What are the benefits of wearing Emerald?
Wearing Emeralds comes with its share of benefits.Hailed as the ‘stone of new beginnings’, that the rejuvenating green hues could tell, emeralds symbolize growth and rebirth. It is known to bestow the wearer with love, luck and confidence. Believed to represent the planet Mercury, it imparts wisdom and intelligence as well.
Do Emeralds fade?
When exposed to direct sunlight for long durations, Emeralds, just like other gems, are quite prone to fading.